Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

low boost wicked wheel 2

3K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  youngproducer 
#1 ·
alright, i just deleted my egr ( just welded it closed) i know , its cheaper and still looks like its still on. while we were doing that and had the turbo off, i deceided to go ahead with rebuilding the turbo and added the wicked wheel 2. at this point at wide open throttle i cant make much more than 20 psi boost
and thats even topped out at 3500 rpms. the truck runs good, smooth, no leaks that i can hear, i replaced the hose from the map sensor to the intake a while ago and one of clamps was a little loose. i tightened it up but wont get to check it out til tomorrow. would that loose clamp make me loose that much boost, and what should i expect to get out of this ww2. its completly stock 2006, 6.0L, 4" lift on 35's, studded and now deleted with no tune, 160,000 miles.?????

#5 ·
did you use anything to keep the check engine light off after the delete?

#6 ·
no, with the egr plugged in i can clear the code with the obdII , i was told to unplug it and see if i got more boost, i got 22psi, max. but still got the egr code. thats it. i cant get a tuner til next year. i just checked my boots to see if they are colapassing under pressure , and they are not. ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.