Cat delete - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-02-2017, 03:06 PM Thread Starter
6.ohh-so-slow

Cat delete

Warranty won't let me modify my exhaust. Any other ways to lower eggs and make me turbo louder??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-02-2017, 03:17 PM
Informiticus Whoricus

Re: Cat delete

welcome! i'm assuming that custom tuning will be a problem with the warranty too? i believe injector timing would be important, but if you are have stock tuning and stock injectors right now, there shouldn't be much to worry about...
a side note: look up part # 350wbext on ebay. this will fit in place of the cat on a stock 6.0 exhaust. direct bolt-on. no irreversible modification needed. and yes, it can make the turbo a bit more noticeable lol

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-02-2017, 03:24 PM Thread Starter
6.ohh-so-slow

Yes, sadly no engine modifications either, or it would be bulletproofed. I have Gages, and turbosaver, and haven't yet looked at the bottom studs to see if it has been studded. I will look up the part, thank you!

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-02-2017, 03:29 PM
Informiticus Whoricus

no problem! i've installed two of them so far.
oh yeah another thing people say make their turbo more noticeable (from in the cab) is simple soundproofing their interior! kind of a neat side effect, being as the drone is lessened. i'll be replacing body mounts soon, and will have the seats and carpet out. i'll do as much of the cab as i can.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-02-2017, 03:29 PM Thread Starter
6.ohh-so-slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turd-250 View Post
welcome! i'm assuming that custom tuning will be a problem with the warranty too? i believe injector timing would be important, but if you are have stock tuning and stock injectors right now, there shouldn't be much to worry about...
a side note: look up part # 350wbext on ebay. this will fit in place of the cat on a stock 6.0 exhaust. direct bolt-on. no irreversible modification needed. and yes, it can make the turbo a bit more noticeable lol
I be able to reinstall the stock car without ruining anything correct? Basically this test pipe just bolts on and then comes back off so you can replace the stock piece?
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-02-2017, 03:31 PM
Informiticus Whoricus

exactly! take a look under your truck and look at the flange on the upstream side and the clamp on the downstream side. then remove the CAT's hanger, you won't need that with the test 'd e l e t e' pipe

post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-02-2017, 03:31 PM Thread Starter
6.ohh-so-slow

And sorry about all of the typos😂
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-02-2017, 03:33 PM
Informiticus Whoricus

no prob, i've seen way worse! the worst is when people don't use punctuation while telling a long winded story about how their truck started acting up lol

post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-02-2017, 03:34 PM Thread Starter
6.ohh-so-slow

Okay, that's actually exactly what I was thinking of, because I didn't want to do any permenant changes!! Just sold my 99' and got the 03'. Time for the "delete" pipe, my lift to go back on, and then as soon as I can get an sct tuner.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-02-2017, 03:35 PM Thread Starter
6.ohh-so-slow

Yeah, then it's near impossible to read and understand the problem😂

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode