Cat delete - Page 2 - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-02-2017, 03:38 PM
Informiticus Whoricus

Re: Cat delete

aaaand ... just remember to keep the hanger & hardware with the CAT. best i remember it's 10mms, 15mms, and 17mm sockets for the most part. that and a mallet to help slide the test pipe in!
edit: i used a lot of penetrating oil to help get it in

oh another note, when you get it all snug, be sure the downpipe didn't move too much, because if it starts vibrating against the fraimrail or something, it''l freak you out the first time lol!

and if it moves a bit, no biggie, just loosen the clamps on both sides of the downpipe, readjust, and retighten.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-02-2017, 03:39 PM Thread Starter
6.ohh-so-slow

Egr delete, studs (if it isn't already), oil cooler upgrade, coolant filter, tuner, and blue spring mod are all on the way when I can do them to the truck
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-02-2017, 03:42 PM Thread Starter
6.ohh-so-slow

Thank you for the info on the install!! I appreciate it, is the pipe good quality? And how difficult was your stock cat to remove? (I do have access to torches, all types of tools etc) and I'd say yes the rattle would probably make someone a little nervous until they found out what it was😂

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-02-2017, 03:48 PM
Informiticus Whoricus

i had someone helping me both times i did it, and it was maybe 30 or more minutes off (letting rusty bolts soak with pb blaster) and 30 ish minutes back in. one of us holding the part and the other pulling/pushing/stabilizing the rest of the exhaust made it pretty easy. just take your time getting the new pipe in and don't beat on it too hard lol! just use a rubber mallet or something

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-02-2017, 03:48 PM Thread Starter
6.ohh-so-slow

One last question, will it throw any codes?
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-02-2017, 03:49 PM
Informiticus Whoricus

nope! no codes! there is no downstream sensor (like an 02 sensor) at all! i heard it put one time like this: "6.0 kitties go to the vet all the time with no codes" lol

post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-02-2017, 03:49 PM Thread Starter
6.ohh-so-slow

I will also have an extra set of hands! I've just happened to never have luck getting any type of exhaust apart unless I use heat😂
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-02-2017, 03:50 PM
Informiticus Whoricus

you might need heat for the bolts, but we were lucky. just a wire brush an oil did the trick :)

post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-02-2017, 03:50 PM Thread Starter
6.ohh-so-slow

Well I'm glad the kitty will have no codes at the vet😂 That makes my day,thank you again for the info!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode