2006 6.0 - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-30-2017, 12:40 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

2006 6.0

I recently bought a 2006 F-250 6.0 FX4 Lariat Crew Cab. Has 178k on the clock.

The vehicle has been meticulously kept up with service (complete service records). New Oil Cooler, EGR Valve/Cooler, Clock Spring and #2 Injector @ ~130k. I've also had the vehicle inspected prior to purchase from a fairly decent local diesel mechanic and the thought the truck was immaculate.

Engine is studed.

I recently bought a SCT Livewire TS+ tuner for the truck. I am very happy with the purchase. Tired out the canned performance tune for a day. outdoor ambient temp 50degF or less. Noticed a 8-11deg differential between oil and coolant temp. I currently cannot monitor EGTs or trans temp. I've returned the truck to stock tune. Everything seems fine, I don't want to hurt the truck since I cannot monitor EGTs.

I hope I didn't do any damage running on performance for a day?

I've bought coolant filtration system and oil bypass filter from sinister diesel and will be installing myself ASAP.

Anyways. I live in Georgia and was thinking the 1st upgrade I should get is MBRP 4" turbo back as well as sensors to monitor trans temp and EGTs ASAP.

With the exhaust, what is the chances of getting into legal trouble with no CAT and muffler in Georgia? I live in North Georgia near a GSP outpost and they seem to target diesels regularly.

Is there anymore upgrades I should also get to protect the truck with a performance tune? Also which custom tunes should I consider and why?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-30-2017, 12:43 AM
Trust me, I got this...

Garage
Re: 2006 6.0

You dont have an egr delete? Must have if you dont. Thats all I can offer ya.

Shoulda bought a Cummins. May or may not have a cummins swap in the works.

1997 7.3L XLT, 4x4, 5spd, 307k, TS chip, 6637 filter, 4" straight piped dual exit

If you got a D60 or tan superduty/OBS seats PM me.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-30-2017, 12:45 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cummins Junkie View Post
You dont have an egr delete? Must have if you dont. Thats all I can offer ya.
I am also considering that. I have heard by deleting the EGR Valve/Cooler it increases EGTs and I am not sure why. I am still learning...

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-30-2017, 01:11 AM
Trust me, I got this...

Garage

It can. Not by too much though, maybe around 100-150ish? Which isnt much of a problem unless you do heavy towing a lot.

Shoulda bought a Cummins. May or may not have a cummins swap in the works.

1997 7.3L XLT, 4x4, 5spd, 307k, TS chip, 6637 filter, 4" straight piped dual exit

If you got a D60 or tan superduty/OBS seats PM me.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-30-2017, 01:16 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cummins Junkie View Post
It can. Not by too much though, maybe around 100-150ish? Which isnt much of a problem unless you do heavy towing a lot.
I do not, honestly the truck is a daily driver and light towing. I love diesel engines and is the reason for my purchase. My VW Jetta gets bought back tomorrow and I get a nice big fat check. Which was my excuse to get back into a pickup. I prefer driving a truck as a daily driver. All that I tow is a bass boat, trailer with 4 wheelers and deer stands :).

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode