A 6.0 horror story to beat all others (and advice needed) - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 04:03 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

A 6.0 horror story to beat all others (and advice needed)

Hey guys, maybe I can make some of my fellow 6.0 owners feel better, hopefully I can warn against a shady mechanic, and maybe someone will get a laugh. I've resorted to laughs and cuss words...

Back in October/16 I bought my dream truck. F-350, King ranch, FX4, sunroof, every feature available in 2007. I bought it two hours from home, drove up, had it checked out, all looked good. So i bought it, paid a little much, but this was my DREAM truck.. I love the 6.0s, my favorite looking truck. I drive a 06 f-450 at work, its had its issues, but its damn near bulletproof.

So I get it home about 4pm, drive around all evening, I'd totaled my z71 and had some catching up to do, so i made my runs, happy to not be driving a 16,000 pound f450. About two miles from home, i look back, and see white smoke. a lot. by this time, its about 8pm. I take it home, cut it off, and cuss a lot, but lay down and go to sleep. Next morning its worse, i take it to my mechanic (and family friend), he checks, two blown head gaskets. So i get it fixed, along with a new egr, new coolant, oil change, turbo rebuild, and brakes. $4400. I pay it, drive it home, few weeks goes by, gauges going in and out along with locks and windows. Take it back, tells me the gauge cluster is bad, i trust him, $500 rebuild. Get it back, still happening, have to make a 100 mile trip. Gauges go out, state trooper gets me, pull in a truck stop, come out. doors locked engine running, 100 miles from home ********it. Get it unlocked by buying a guy a carton of marlboro and sending him through the backglass. Next day, 60 miles from home, alternator goes out, i replace it on the side of the road. Drive home, dont say a word to the mechanic, is what it is.

Going up a mountain, pulling 8000 pounds, BOOM, turbo blown??? sh*t. park it, tow it ($75 and 3rd time on a rollback in a few weeks) cracked wheel and EGR VALVE SHOOTS OUT THE TOP OF THE FARKING COOLER. Wheel fixed, new egr valve with a helicoil... $800. WTF???

another trip, wheel cracks, 40 miles from home, leave it on a jack, get a ride, wheel fixed for free, 3 days downtime and a $2000 job lost.

two weeeks later, walk outta my favorite restraunt, tires empty on the ground, pull out OBA, fill tire, drive straight to mechanics at midnight. Dog cuss him, borrow a set of wheels, back on the road.

After headstuds, (not sure if theyre studs or bolts, being optomistic) the truck comes home WITH A NEW OIL LEAK. Its a "freeze plug". BS, but whatever, also has a bucking issue. Change filters and oil, he used a knockoff oil filter and chunks the original oil cap (i checked this when buying that it was original). Hard starts so i swap to 5w-40 rotella synthetic. OIL LEAK STOPS. Was told it was delo oil, girlfriend is a doctor, knows a chemist, not sure how its related but some connection, tests oil, Detergent oil 30 weight. Gas burner oil to save money. Now have a crankshaft sensor bad, a air intake temp sensor bad, and cylinder 3 balance code, FARK. Ordered rev-x. be here tuesday. maybe itll work, maybe the mechanic made him another job. took to dealer, original Egr, all he did was clean it. rigged lots of stuff in there and completely screwed me.

so im trying to figure whats next, thinking egr ******, oil cooler, and exhaust along with coolant filter. THoughts? anyone near huntsville alabama? I'll pay, just need help.

This man in a family friend of 4 or 5 years, My family has spent 12,000 dollars in his shop in about 1.5 years. Im absolutely sick. so so sad.

I have reported to BBB, if youre near huntsville alabama, save yourself. The shop is TJ international on Oakwood Avenue ran by Jimmy Saxena, sorry for the long post and rant, but i want to spread the word.

Mods, if this post is out of line, please message me and I will edit accordingly. I feel the need to tell my story and hope its not an issue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 04:17 AM
Master BS'er

Re: A 6.0 horror story to beat all others (and advice needed)

Yeah, that's probably the worst luck I've heard in a while. There's probably an underlying issue causing most of it. A bad turbo can take out the egr, egr cooler, head gaskets etc. Bad head gaskets can take out anything in the cooling system, and damage the engine itself. So good news, your luck probably isn't this bad. It's probably just underlying issues that weren't diagnosed correctly.

By the way, freeze plugs don't leak oil. But I'm sure you've figured that out already. Definitely find another tech.

Good luck, king ranch is a nice truck.

Jamie.

Ps...Im pretty frickin awesome!

"The length of an attack depends upon the arrival of another gun." Greg Gutfeld.
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 04:21 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

I know the freeze plugs now, i dont understand how i went to 5w-40 and synthetic and fixed the leak... yes, one thing always leads to another, just wish i had gotten at least a new egr that id been charged for.. or new brakes.. or oil cooler. really anyhting..

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 04:27 AM
Master BS'er

Quote:
Originally Posted by evandavis25 View Post
I know the freeze plugs now, i dont understand how i went to 5w-40 and synthetic and fixed the leak... yes, one thing always leads to another, just wish i had gotten at least a new egr that id been charged for.. or new brakes.. or oil cooler. really anyhting..
The only the thing I can think of is it was overfilled before you changed it, which can lead to leaking out of the front and rear crank seals, or it was leaking from the filter o ring.

If you want to feel better about your luck, watch the live leaks video of the dude who gets struck by lightning....twice! Now that is bad luck.

Jamie.

"The length of an attack depends upon the arrival of another gun." Greg Gutfeld.
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 04:31 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Ha! that gave me a good chuckle, much appreciated. Whats the likely hood that rev x will bring back the injector? im hoping it will save the others...
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 12:31 PM
Master BS'er

Quote:
Originally Posted by evandavis25 View Post
Ha! that gave me a good chuckle, much appreciated. Whats the likely hood that rev x will bring back the injector? im hoping it will save the others...
I've never tried rev x, so I can't comment on the likelihood of if being fixed. But I have read about it and from what I understand, as long as the injectors are having stiction issues, the likelihood is high.

Jamie.

post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 01:29 PM
ShatMan! NanaNanaNanaNana

if the injector is having problems on the oil side, then there is a chance that rev-x in the crankcase will help, or maybe prevent further damage. it's a great band aid if you catch it before the spool valves are bad enough.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 04:43 PM
PSN Newb

rev x isnt going to fix it sry buddy my 2 cents is that rev x is good stuff but its not gonna fix anything its not gonna fix the stuff inside ur injectors if they are sticking your trucks gonna run like #### and worse when its cold. flush the oil with rottella again ####### who put reg oil in there really put you in a spot rrrgggg. if you was closer to canada i would say bring it in for free and i give you my honest opinion lol 4000km probly to far to go for help

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 04:52 PM
ShatMan! NanaNanaNanaNana

that's right, rev-x treats the symptoms fairly well, but won't fix real issues like scored/wallered out spool valves

post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 04:18 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

anybody near north alabama? gonna need some help swapping these injectors... ill pay accordingly. thanks for the help guys, much more will be needed...

only way i can get to canada is with a hell of a tow bill!!! im about scared of this truck..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode