A 6.0 horror story to beat all others (and advice needed) - Page 3 - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-13-2017, 03:10 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Re: A 6.0 horror story to beat all others (and advice needed)

I wouldnt bother with the AE for anything but for the ford, the beamer and the chevy never give us problems... but thank you, and i will get the enhanced for sure..

I know the bear claws all too well, sucks at times, would love to lose 50 pounds, wont ever do it, but its a great thought. I like being my size, I conceal carry for extreme situations, but generally my size alone defers most incidents, gotten me out of a lot of bad situations...
6speedSD likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-13-2017, 03:38 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

also, cylinder 3 balance code is gone, cleaning got rid of the IAT sensor code, crankshaft position is gone... still having bucking, and a ton of egr codes.. i think 4 egr codes
post #23 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-13-2017, 12:45 PM
Big dumb redneck

Garage

See what I was saying about one issue triggering a half dozen other codes?

What EGR codes are you getting exactly? If the valve is acting up, or dirty, it can cause some of the bucking you describe. It'll screw with your boost.

2005 F350 CCLB Dually
Studded, deleted
5" straight piped
155/30's
KC Stage 1.5
Reg return
Beans sump to the stock pump
BPD FICM
Tuned by several...depends on my mood for the day.

post #24 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-13-2017, 01:07 PM
Master BS'er

Quote:
Originally Posted by evandavis25 View Post
Jamie i can guarantee few things, but i guarantee it will be resolved, court of law? i hope not. for his sake, i hope not. I dont mind, if you run a business you need a lawyer, especially in my line of work, and if you need a lawyer, why not have the best? Thats how i feel, especially when it comes to lawyers... apparently not mechanics. lmao

I hope he will see it my way and write a check, next i'm going CC company, then to the lawyer. I have a claim in with the BBB, and will be pursusing the local news. Theyre very good at getting into these types of situations, and they owe me... they got my favorite mexican place shut down! twice... first one across town, not a huge deal but was a favorite, now the one 5 minutes from the house. Its been a sad week...
The first job I ever had as a Tech was working for a guy who was shady as hell. One day an old lady came in with a Honda with bad head gaskets that were leaking oil out of the head. Boss man charged her 2,000 for head gaskets and then asked me to simply goop it with silicone, and I did.

It felt ####ty and to this day I still regret it. I didn't realize at the time that I didn't need that job, and could simply have gone to another shop. She never caught on or anything but the guilt alone was punishment enough, for me anyways. Now as for him? He couldn't care less, he still runs a shady ass shop ten years later that's failing and can't buy customers...wonder why that is?

Jamie.

p.s...I'm pretty frickin awesome!
post #25 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-13-2017, 01:10 PM
Master BS'er

Quote:
Originally Posted by evandavis25 View Post
I wouldnt bother with the AE for anything but for the ford, the beamer and the chevy never give us problems... but thank you, and i will get the enhanced for sure..

I know the bear claws all too well, sucks at times, would love to lose 50 pounds, wont ever do it, but its a great thought. I like being my size, I conceal carry for extreme situations, but generally my size alone defers most incidents, gotten me out of a lot of bad situations...
Carry for every situation bro. Every single situation. Except maybe the post office or courthouse.

Jamie.

p.s...I'm pretty frickin awesome!
post #26 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-14-2017, 12:14 PM
Luddite in Charge

Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it....
s10mike likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #27 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-15-2017, 04:50 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6speedSD View Post
See what I was saying about one issue triggering a half dozen other codes?

What EGR codes are you getting exactly? If the valve is acting up, or dirty, it can cause some of the bucking you describe. It'll screw with your boost.
i most definetly do... ill post the list in my next post. I think Ill delete it, although my boost seems fine. Could this be causing my missfire??

Being around the farm, I'm always well prepared, shotgun and rifle in a custom aluminum box i made with foam cut to the exact shape of the guns, always chasing crows and coyotes.. and beavers, along with whatever is in season. And theres always a 9mm on my hip, taurus 709slim, kahr cw9, or sig 9..
post #28 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-25-2017, 09:45 PM
Steel mill smoker

Any updates on this?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode