Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

which coolant filter kit

13K views 29 replies 9 participants last post by  Mishimoto 
#1 ·
Which coolant filter get are you guys using? Need one that has the open/close valves for changing the filters without losing the coolant

#3 ·
#30 ·
i think i'd go for the mishimoto now, having installed two sinisters on two trucks... the handles on the sinister valves are 'iffy' lol, but they certainly work fine.
I like the Mishimoto one they just came out with, if nothing else for their solid one piece hoses as opposed to other kits using a couple splices and too many hose clamps.

However, I installed a kit from XDP for a buddy last week that was well made as well.

I've ran Sinisters kit, and has issues with leaking ball valves...leaking up through the stem on the valve, which is a total failure in my opinion. But, they did send me new valves free of charge, so that's a bonus. Still not a fan of Sinister (aka Steal-ister).
Thanks for the recommendations guys! Nice to hear you like what our team developed.

-John

#6 ·
If you don't mind spending the money the IPR is hands down the best one out there. It's a full flow setup there's no comparison. I have had both designs, I know the difference.
Lot of people don't like the guy that makes them here tho. LOL

Reactions: Zmann
#7 ·
Yeah I have to have or need the full flow ones.. That's why I'm replacing the oil cooler now..so much gunk in it from 2 failed old coolers and now the 2nd one has ruptured! Know I have to clean it out.. But there is only so much I can clean after I get it back together..

Why don't they like the dude? If his stuff works... That's all that matters to me!
I just looked at the IPR kit.. Damn that's a small filter!!Guess it doesn't matter as long as it works!

#8 ·
Because He is a tool
He has made multiple usernames to push his product but is not a sponsor so should not post about them at all
he is super argumentative
made mention our kids should die

other that that I am sure he is an outstanding individual

#11 ·
I like the Mishimoto one they just came out with, if nothing else for their solid one piece hoses as opposed to other kits using a couple splices and too many hose clamps.

However, I installed a kit from XDP for a buddy last week that was well made as well.

I've ran Sinisters kit, and has issues with leaking ball valves...leaking up through the stem on the valve, which is a total failure in my opinion. But, they did send me new valves free of charge, so that's a bonus. Still not a fan of Sinister (aka Steal-ister).

#12 ·
I have the Sinister Kit in my truck, and haven't had any issues at all. Helped a friend install the Mishimoto Kit and thought that it was a solid kit, I like that there was no hose splicing necessary.

#14 ·
There's no comparing a bypass to this IPR filter setup. I have had both, only picked up very fine debris with bypass. That little 1/4" hose isn't going to lift the crap in the cooling system plus it pulls from the very highest line on the engine ???

I don't want to bash them but if you want to grab the crap the full flowing filter is the only way to go after it. I am using the manifold off the oil cooler itself and its moving coolant there. It can also be connected in at the 3/4" hoses to heater core. My trucks IPR filter doesn't see much of anything anymore but I was going through it for several months. My system is pretty clean now and I give credit to that thing.

They aren't cheap but they work they really do. Plus you won't be buying filters it has a fine SS filter that you wash out.
I'm sold on it, there was one thing I changed in it tho. It has a anti-siphon rubber inside to seal the filter. I think it restricted the ports myself so I removed it and installed a o-ring. Works like a champ

Reactions: jdschriver
#17 ·
You are correct that is the one.

#18 ·
now where can we find that so we dont have to deal with the tool?

#19 ·
i retract my previous statement, thenkls for the photo turd, that made it easy to find

#25 ·
Was Vince booted out of here ??????

#26 ·
Ok I give up........What in the HELL is going on these days. ZMANN are you a moderator at home too ???????

I'm seeing some sort of trend going on...........everywhere it seems. I'm starting to feel so small.

#29 ·
He just hates trolls. Being a mod gives him the authority to do us all a favor and send them packing. You come on here and start talking chit right out the gate, you get the hammer. You sign up here and start trying to sell "your revolutionary products" without being a paid sponsor, you get the hammer. That's the case with your ole buddy at IPR. He repeatedly tried to advertise his "designs", which some were just copies of other products already out there, despite being told it was a big no no. You honestly want to be a legitimate business and advertise/sell your stuff here, do the right thing and become a site sponsor, just like all the other big name companies here that did it the right way!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.