Body mount bushings? Anyone? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-24-2014, 06:15 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Body mount bushings? Anyone?

Hey guys,

I have a 2005 F350 with about 240xxx km / 150,xxx miles. I was wondering if anyone has bothered to replace their body mount bushings with some heavy duty polyurathane bushings?

I was thinking with going with the Energy brand (Energy Suspension). The rubber ones wear out over time obviously and I haven't really noticed anyone make a big deal over it so I am just raising the quesiton and trying to get some input.

Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-24-2014, 11:51 AM
Swamp trash...

Re: Body mount bushings? Anyone?

Interested in the same thing! Bump!!

Chris. 06 LBCC XL 44

Studded and deleted
Oringed heads
S2 turbo
190/30 injectors
ported intake
amsoil bypass
PHP gryphon
SCT X3
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-09-2014, 11:42 AM
PSN Local

I just ordered a set of Daystar KF04050KV Body Mounts for my 2005 CC. The Rear Cab Mounts are rotted away for some reason.. so i decided i am going to replace all of them. Picked up a set from amazon for decent price and should have them this weekend. Will probibly start the install next weekend and will provide screen shots and lessons learned. There seems to be a lack of info for the later model trucks when it comes to changeing these out.

Sean
2005 F250 Harley CC SB Banks IQ, 4" Exhaust, Banks Techi Cooler with High Ram, Cold Air Intake, Cat Delete,EGR Delete,Coolant Filter,Amsoil Oil Filter Bypass, PHP ECM Rollback, PHP FICM Tuner, Rancho 9000XL shocks and Dual stablizers. Firestone Ride Right Air Springs w/Daystar Cradles. 194K

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-09-2014, 01:18 PM
PSN Local

I would love to see and hear what you find out mx185sw because my rear mounts are also gone

2006 ccsb with a few little odds and ends
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-09-2014, 03:40 PM
Informiticus Whoricus

x2! sub'd!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-09-2014, 10:31 PM
PSN Local

Gotta love it when stuff is delivered early... :) Looks like i will be able to start this project this weekend.... if work doesn't get in the way...

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Sean
2005 F250 Harley CC SB Banks IQ, 4" Exhaust, Banks Techi Cooler with High Ram, Cold Air Intake, Cat Delete,EGR Delete,Coolant Filter,Amsoil Oil Filter Bypass, PHP ECM Rollback, PHP FICM Tuner, Rancho 9000XL shocks and Dual stablizers. Firestone Ride Right Air Springs w/Daystar Cradles. 194K
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-10-2014, 12:15 AM
PSN Local

Has anybody replaced theirs even with stock bushings? I still want to see install pics and hear what mx185sw runs into but has anybody else done it already? Is it a pain?

2006 ccsb with a few little odds and ends
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-10-2014, 06:11 AM
PSN Veteran

I thought the newer Fords used a hydraulic bushing, that's the one I would be interested in!
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-23-2014, 01:34 PM
PSN Local

just an update.. looks like i will be able to get to this project this weekend.. I have sprayed PB Blaster on all the Mount bolts and between the bushings and washers.. and with driving the truck around, it appear to be working in and loosing things since i am starting to get some clunking on the worn out mounts as i roll down road and make turns.. i take this as good sign. More to follow (an pics).. this weekend. Plan will be to use the old hardware for most of it.. since ford wants upwards of 58 bucks just for one of the bolts (price varies with placement). I always like putting in new parts if possible but cant justify fords price. Local hardware store will be my source for M12 Bolts if I need them.

Sean
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-23-2014, 10:47 PM
PSN Veteran

Nothing wrong with using the old bolts and washers.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode