5R MODIFIED DIRECT CLUTCH SOLENOID INFO - Page 2 - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
 10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 91 (permalink) Old 01-19-2014, 01:05 AM
PSN Veteran

Re: 5R MODIFIED DIRECT CLUTCH SOLENOID INFO

On install the connector on the solenoid will either be in the 5 o'clock or 7 o'clock position.

2004 F-350 SC 4x4 6L....little bit of this...little bit of that
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 91 (permalink) Old 02-20-2014, 05:35 PM
Faster Than You

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 91 (permalink) Old 02-21-2014, 04:01 PM
'05 Excursion

I have a couple modified solenoids and now wonder if they have been adjusted correctly and bench tested prior to them being sold as "GoGo" solenoids? What would you charge for checking these out?

SCT, no studs...yet, Dual OEM intake air filter housings, Banks intercooler & intake elbow, Banks exhaust syatem, Windrunner ported intake manifold, Bullet Proof Diesel remote oil cooler & thermostat, AirDog2 (plus a couple spares), Power steering filter (Amsoil dual-bypass), MagTec deep ATF pan, Electric oil pre-lub pump, Dakota Digital gauges.

post #14 of 91 (permalink) Old 02-21-2014, 04:17 PM
Faster Than You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Term3 View Post
I have a couple modified solenoids and now wonder if they have been adjusted correctly and bench tested prior to them being sold as "GoGo" solenoids? What would you charge for checking these out?
Honestly after you paid to ship it here and then paid to ship it back as well pay to have it checked out, you could just about buy a new solenoid so it really wouldn't be worth it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #15 of 91 (permalink) Old 09-17-2014, 04:54 PM Thread Starter
EDP
Empire Diesel Performance

Buyers be aware. We have had a few solenoids come back through again as being claimed to be in-correct as we had suspected they where not modified nor where they our solenoids.
A shame that this type of business conduct happens. If anybody else has this in question feel free to contact us and we would be glad to test them for you at no charge.

Thanks
Chad
sales@empiredieselperformance.com

"In House 3000+hp Engine Dyno Services and testing facility"

post #16 of 91 (permalink) Old 09-17-2014, 04:58 PM Thread Starter
EDP
Empire Diesel Performance

Here is a quick simple how to video as well for installs.

EPE Solenoid Install - YouTube

"In House 3000+hp Engine Dyno Services and testing facility"

post #17 of 91 (permalink) Old 09-18-2014, 03:14 AM
PSN Newb

Ordered mine today, good deal from EDP.

04.5 F-350 KR. ARP studs, Sinister Wrapped Y-Pipes and R.R. Fuel System,Atlas40 FICM, DC Power 190Alternator,BPD remote oil cooler&updates,BPD Water Pump/7.3 Fan Clutch, EGR Cooler delete,DieselSite Coolant Filter, AEM Brute Force HD intake, 4" Flow-Master,2.5" Level Kit/33" Toyo AT II's, D.D. Solenoid Mod, CCV Delete. SCT X4. KC Stage 1.5 Turbo.
post #18 of 91 (permalink) Old 09-27-2014, 07:18 AM
PSN Newb

Installed EDP DD Solenoid this evening. the stock one I pulled out of my tranny, looked alike, same set of three ports..
3C3P7G383
CA
4D091024645 was stamped/etched on the side of the housing.

What's with this?? Toiled under my tranny for at least 3 hours, had a couple bolts that galled on the way out of the pan, had to dig in the sled bolt box to find a replacement ( at dark, stores closed) to button it up. No leak issues, THANKFULLY!!. BUT, the solenoid I took out had the same number of ports as it's replacement. I've owned this 04.5 since Oct. of '08, the original elderly owner put 23000+ miles on it in 4 yrs. hauling his 5th to Arizona and back every year for 4 years.

04.5 F-350 KR. ARP studs, Sinister Wrapped Y-Pipes and R.R. Fuel System,Atlas40 FICM, DC Power 190Alternator,BPD remote oil cooler&updates,BPD Water Pump/7.3 Fan Clutch, EGR Cooler delete,DieselSite Coolant Filter, AEM Brute Force HD intake, 4" Flow-Master,2.5" Level Kit/33" Toyo AT II's, D.D. Solenoid Mod, CCV Delete. SCT X4. KC Stage 1.5 Turbo.
post #19 of 91 (permalink) Old 09-27-2014, 07:27 AM
PSN Newb

HELL!! Went back and looked at the pic's again, the solenoid I removed tonight and spent several hours and $90 worth of tranny fluid on, replacing, looks exactly like the newest, trickest mods out there!!
I've never had any issues with my tranny, thought I'd do this for the reliability category, looks like I wasted a lot of time and $$$$$$.
How long has this been out there???????????????????????????

post #20 of 91 (permalink) Old 09-27-2014, 01:18 PM
PursuitInterceptor

So you bought the truck used and it already had the solenoid from EPE installed? It's been around for awhile now.

You see, in this world there's two kinds of people my friend....those with loaded guns, and those who dig.

You dig.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode