DieselSite HPODS test results. - Page 2 - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-20-2012, 01:52 AM
PSN Veteran

Re: DieselSite HPODS test results.

to bad it'll only work on the 05-07 trucks tho.

2004 F-350 SC 4x4 6L....little bit of this...little bit of that
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-20-2012, 02:28 AM
I Love Work'N On Hot Rods

It will work on the 04.5 trucks that have the 03-04 HPOPs but 05-07 rails.

Nate
06 F350 4x4: Non-VGT 67mm Turbo, WPE Big Oil HPOP, HD 215/85s, Race Ported Intake, NB/Warren Tranny, and some other stuff.... 100k miles and counting....

06 F250 2wd: Stock... EGR delete, Race Ported Intake, and a mild street tune.... Leaking HGs
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

WINDRUNNER PERFORMANCE ENGINEERING (WPE)
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-20-2012, 08:13 PM
tatertot

ya but i still have a 03 like to upgrade it some day

2003 F-250 4in turbo back, Blue spring, EGR Delete AFE cold air intake W Blade runner intake, Sinster coolant filter, scan gauge II and sct with egt probe,
MTW HYBRID turbo
Still rolling on stock sticks 202,000 and counting

post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-21-2012, 12:20 PM
PursuitInterceptor

Just to clarify the reading above. The biggest drop is during WOT runs, and daily drivers would see minimal drop. So those that would be demanding the most from their truck (pullers, racers, heavy haulers) would see the most benefit. I'm not saying this system would be overkill for the daily driver but is the cost worth the effort.

Am I reading this correctly??

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You see, in this world there's two kinds of people my friend....those with loaded guns, and those who dig.

You dig.
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-21-2012, 06:09 PM
PSN Local

it does claim a pretty price.

190's, barder stage 3, big oil, twisted stage 3, studded grandpa 4 door flatbed pipeliner.
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-23-2012, 03:16 AM
i like to party

so does every modification listed in your signature! The proof is there, it works, My hour long conversation on the phone with Bob was reason enough to sell me on one of these.
post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-25-2013, 12:09 AM
PSN Newb

So why have a restrictor in a line to increase flow? Why not take restrictor out of stock standpipe?
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-27-2013, 03:23 AM
PSN Local

The standpipes are not the restriction. The distance from the pump piston outlets (over 9" inside the pump casting alone) to the injectors is the restriction. The valves in the standpipes open when the oil is flowing. They restrict the oil from coming back.
Bob

Bob Riley, Owner:

:

Proud Sponsor of Powerstrokenation.com
GOT DIESEL? Tech Line 352-257-1669
post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-06-2013, 07:47 PM
PSN Newb

Bob, I have been interested in your products since I purchased my '05 Excursion in 8/2011, and the 2003-2004.5 Heavy Duty High Volume 6.0L Billet High Pressure Oil Pump (HPOP) pump in particular. I remembered seeing the statement:

"Note for 2005-2007: you can only use this if you retrofit all your rails and HPOP components out to the 2004 version, or wait for our 2005-2007 version ... The 2005-2007 version is beginning the prototype process now."

and as it has been about 2 years, I was wondering if you had yet completed the prototype process, and just hadn't updated the website. I would prefer not to downgrade my engine to the prior style of 2003-4, so checking to see what was up with one for my truck. Please fill me in, thanks!
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-07-2013, 09:32 PM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by alha View Post
Bob, I have been interested in your products since I purchased my '05 Excursion in 8/2011, and the 2003-2004.5 Heavy Duty High Volume 6.0L Billet High Pressure Oil Pump (HPOP) pump in particular. I remembered seeing the statement:

"Note for 2005-2007: you can only use this if you retrofit all your rails and HPOP components out to the 2004 version, or wait for our 2005-2007 version ... The 2005-2007 version is beginning the prototype process now."

and as it has been about 2 years, I was wondering if you had yet completed the prototype process, and just hadn't updated the website. I would prefer not to downgrade my engine to the prior style of 2003-4, so checking to see what was up with one for my truck. Please fill me in, thanks!
It is possible your 05 excursion is using the old 03-04 model pump. I don't know if they just reused a lot of the older style parts for that model or what, but I do know several customers have confirmed 03-04 style pumps in their 05 excursions.

You can determine which one you have by looking under the turbo with a flashlight. The 05-07 pumps peak through an aluminum cover whereas the 03-04 pump is completely covered by a cast iron cover. The IPR screws into the pump cover on the 03-04 and into the actual pump for the 05-07's.

If you have the cast iron style (05-07), then I have good news! Prototyping is done, in house testing is complete, and BETA testing is about to begin. :)

PS - My BETA test list is ... short. PM me if you're interested.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.powerstrokenation.com/forums/11-6-0l-power-stroke-aftermarket-performance/142561-dieselsite-hpods-test-results.html
Posted By For Type Date
Jay's Build Thread - Page 14 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum This thread Refback 11-15-2015 06:49 AM