SCT/Programmer Vendors - Page 3 - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-15-2014, 12:23 AM
PSN Newb

Re: SCT/Programmer Vendors

My dang work computer wouldn't allow me to log in to post, but I found a thread a few days ago with a Poll asking to vote for favorite Tuners. I'm pretty sure it was this PSD forum. There was also a lot of discussion to back up everyone's votes. Now I can't find that thread. Anyhow, I recently installed the Edge Juice w/Attitude and then came across that thread. I've decided to remove it and go after a SCT set up based on what I read there. I'm hoping one of you regulars can link me back to that thread as searching has not proven successful. It is possible it was another Ford PSD forum, but I like this one better.

Here's what's been done to my truck mod-wise to date:
- EGR Delete
- new OEM Oil Cooler
- Bill Hewittt's team @ Powerstrokehelp did a full work up (O-ring heads, machine heads, ARP studs, disassemble/clean/inspect turbo, new glow plugs, new injector rails (forget the rating), and much more
- Mishimoto Aluminum radiator w/Mishimoto silicon hoses
- Coolant filter and bypass system
- BPD FICM set to 53v (actual is 50v according to my gauge)
- AFE 4" Turbo down straight pipe exhaust

I know there is more, but can't recall it all. I'm running @ 105k miles, getting about 13 mpg, 6" lift with 37" tires.

I can't remember which SCT tuner model I was going after after reading that Poll thread. Sorry this is so lengthy, but I'm hoping to find that Poll thread again so I don't go starting a new thread that has probably been repeated several times.

SCT Livewire TS or SCT X3 Power Flash or SCT SF3 Power Flash. Why can't I find prices for any of these?

Thanks guys/gals,
Roger (Middle Ga)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-15-2014, 01:02 AM
PSN Newb

Update: Holy Crap!! I found it after 2 days searching. It is however another Ford Diesel Forum name of which I cannot speak (that's a movie reference of course). Not sure how y'all are with the other Ford Diesel forums. In any case, I've got reading to do to help in my decision and of course look forward to you opinions as well. I still like this forum better......lol
post #23 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-16-2014, 10:15 PM
PSN Newb

http://www.morepowerdiesel.com/2004-6.0-customtune

Anyone used these guys for your custom SCT tunes. Prices seem good? Also, I've found some pretty good prices now for the different SCT tuners (not sure why I couldn't before). But I want to ask y'all: What are some of the advantages of each: SF3 3015, X3 3000, or Livewire TS (comparing them to each other)?

Please keep in mind I already have an Edge Insight CTS for monitoring purposes. From what I can tell so far is the Livewire TS kind of being an all-in-one unit is the only advantage compare the three. Am I wrong here?:dunno:

I'll continue researching as well for the answer before I pull the trigger on a buy.

post #24 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-05-2014, 05:45 PM
PSN Local

Would love to know the differences as well, also what was the out the door price from powerstrokehelp for your work done and turn around time?

2003 F250 6.0, 4" on Pro Comp 35's, Twin Grand rock 6" mitre cuts set to 2" above cab, Dyno Mat cab, SCT X4, Blue spring, CCV mod, Delta tool box. And it is NEVER CLEAN

I dont walk this way because of the wounds I have suffered in the line of duty, but because my balls are just that big!
post #25 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-05-2014, 06:31 PM
PSN Newb

Man, I completely forgot about me posting the question....that was January and you are the first response. Kinda sad to be honest. In any case, I haven't had the funds to jump on any if the tuners just yet. As far as the out the door for power stroke help I think it was around $9k in the end. I had several other things done on top of their "Dealership Proofing" package. Been about 1 ur since all that was done and I haven't had any issues whatsoever. I'd go to their websit to read up. Bill has a ton of helpful videos on what they do and why they do it. Very informative videos.

Sorry I couldn't provide more info on the Tuners bro.
post #26 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-08-2014, 01:33 PM
PSN Local

It's all good man, I think I am going to go with the SCT X4 from what I understand it has the adjustability from the X3 with canned tunes like the SF3 and the ability to hold more custom tunes than the SF3 did its a bit more money but I have been told it is well worth the extra coin. I have been looking at Bill's site and videos that guy is a variable warehouse of information, and is truly passionate about the Powerstroke engines. I am getting stationed in VA this coming Feb and will be making the drive down to him for sure. I appreciate all the info man.

2003 F250 6.0, 4" on Pro Comp 35's, Twin Grand rock 6" mitre cuts set to 2" above cab, Dyno Mat cab, SCT X4, Blue spring, CCV mod, Delta tool box. And it is NEVER CLEAN

I dont walk this way because of the wounds I have suffered in the line of duty, but because my balls are just that big!
post #27 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-08-2014, 10:57 PM
PSN Newb

Yeah, their site is full of great info. I used it many times when stationed in Northern California. hen stationed in Ga a couple years back I was sure to get to his shop to discuss my truck. I am about 2 hours south of his shop. Good luck with the move. And let me know how the tuner works for you. I was in discussions with Vivian from Quick tricks Auto (vivian@quicktricksauto.com) about getting some custom tunes. They come highly recommended from other members on this forum.
post #28 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-10-2014, 01:53 PM
PSN Local

I have heard great things about vivian as well but have recently been sold on Back Roads Performance. I am going to get the tunner SCT X4 from Rosewood Diesel up here in Ohio and then get a "stock stud safe" tune Yes I know there is truly no such thing but I dont want to go any bigger till I can get the work done.

post #29 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-23-2014, 12:04 AM
PSN Local

I need a SCT dealer in Los Angeles area, any suggestions.

04 F350 DRW 6speed.
post #30 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-13-2016, 08:26 PM
PSN Local

Garage
05 F250 in California wanting to score an SCT X4 Flash Programmer.

Any suggestions on which company to go with.. oh and no worries about shipping I've got that covered.

So here's the thing.. the flash tune can not leave any traces nor footprints on the computer in my truck or I can the concept of registering it next time goodbye. It cannot cause an obscene amount of coal to rollout.. if it's think enough to conflict other drivers visuals on the road.. insta-ticket.

Current mods:
MBRP inc. T409 5" Turbo-Back Exhaust with stock cat

Volant Dual Ram Intake with Donaldson Powercore Filter

DC Power 190amp Alternator

Dual Odyssey Extreme Batteries w/2-Gauge Deka Battery Harness

Future mods:
Fleece Performance Engineering Billet 63mm Cheetah Turbo

PPE Up-Pipes with custom Titanium Coat

Port Polish stock exhaust manifolds & titanium coat them

Polish valve ports & intake manifold

Please let me know any suggestions.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode