FICM WIRE HARNESS MISSING PINS? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-14-2011, 02:12 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: COLUMBIA, S.C.
Posts: 21
FICM WIRE HARNESS MISSING PINS?

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THE WIRING HARNESS FOR A 04 6.0 FICM IS SUPPOSED TO BE MISSING ANY PINS? THE LARGEST OF THE 3 CONNECTORS IS MISSING SEVERAL PINS IN THE FITTING ITSELF. THE OTHER TWO SMALLER CONNECTORS HAVE ALL THE PINS THAT I CAN TELL. I JUST HAD FICM REBUILT TODAY AND THEN RECONNECTED IT AND WONT CRANK BUT TURNS OVER. SHOWING CODES U0306(SOFTWARE INCOMPATIBILITY) U0105(LOST COMMUNICATION) AND U0105 AND PO671. ANYBODY GOT A CLUE ABOUT THE PIN COUNT AND ANY OTHER HELP ON THIS SITUATION?
PALMETTOLANDSCAPER is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-14-2011, 02:14 AM
Haters Gonna Hate
 
Fordfreak4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Garden City, Ks
Posts: 5,869
Send a message via MSN to Fordfreak4life
Re: FICM WIRE HARNESS MISSING PINS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PALMETTOLANDSCAPER View Post
DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THE WIRING HARNESS FOR A 04 6.0 FICM IS SUPPOSED TO BE MISSING ANY PINS? THE LARGEST OF THE 3 CONNECTORS IS MISSING SEVERAL PINS IN THE FITTING ITSELF. THE OTHER TWO SMALLER CONNECTORS HAVE ALL THE PINS THAT I CAN TELL. I JUST HAD FICM REBUILT TODAY AND THEN RECONNECTED IT AND WONT CRANK BUT TURNS OVER. SHOWING CODES U0306(SOFTWARE INCOMPATIBILITY) U0105(LOST COMMUNICATION) AND U0105 AND PO671. ANYBODY GOT A CLUE ABOUT THE PIN COUNT AND ANY OTHER HELP ON THIS SITUATION?
to start with can you please turn off ur caps?

WONT CRANK BUT TURNS OVER<- this statement is contradictory, the engine is spinning yes or no?

sounds as if the ficm may possibly need to be reflashed, depending on what was replaced

2004 F-350 CCSB DRW Sport Package..... something else to spend money on
Proud Supporter of Race For The Warriors
Fordfreak4life is offline  
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-14-2011, 02:24 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: COLUMBIA, S.C.
Posts: 21
Re: FICM WIRE HARNESS MISSING PINS?

yes, it will spin over but will not crank. if i wouldve kept trying it wouldve burned up the starter. when i had it repaired today they DID have to put a different board in one side of the ficm because they said one of the traces was damaged and unrepairable. this was the side with the capacitors and was told that if this side was replaced, the ficm would not have to be reflashed because the other board was the one that held the memory and the one that was replaced was the voltage converter side... go figure!
PALMETTOLANDSCAPER is offline  
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-14-2011, 02:25 AM
Haters Gonna Hate
 
Fordfreak4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Garden City, Ks
Posts: 5,869
Send a message via MSN to Fordfreak4life
Re: FICM WIRE HARNESS MISSING PINS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PALMETTOLANDSCAPER View Post
yes, it will spin over but will not crank. if i wouldve kept trying it wouldve burned up the starter. when i had it repaired today they DID have to put a different board in one side of the ficm because they said one of the traces was damaged and unrepairable. this was the side with the capacitors and was told that if this side was replaced, the ficm would not have to be reflashed because the other board was the one that held the memory and the one that was replaced was the voltage converter side... go figure!
was it the large board or the small board?

2004 F-350 CCSB DRW Sport Package..... something else to spend money on
Proud Supporter of Race For The Warriors
Fordfreak4life is offline  
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-14-2011, 02:26 AM
PSN Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,305
Re: FICM WIRE HARNESS MISSING PINS?

What do you mean by rebuilt?
id: 5520 is offline  
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-14-2011, 02:33 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: COLUMBIA, S.C.
Posts: 21
Re: FICM WIRE HARNESS MISSING PINS?

it was rebuilt i assume with newer components that needed replacing. same as if it went to swamps or something. sent it in for a redoing because it was showing 31 volts at idle. its the board with the two black caps on top of the capacitors.. it is broken where the two capacitors on one side have two legs each that have to be pushed down a little while u retouch the solder joints.. does that help any?
PALMETTOLANDSCAPER is offline  
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-14-2011, 02:35 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: COLUMBIA, S.C.
Posts: 21
Re: FICM WIRE HARNESS MISSING PINS?

it is showing 48 volts, i was shown on the workbench before i left with it and it tested 48 on truck with key on and during cranking, just dont know what it is running, well because its not running!
PALMETTOLANDSCAPER is offline  
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-14-2011, 02:36 AM
Haters Gonna Hate
 
Fordfreak4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Garden City, Ks
Posts: 5,869
Send a message via MSN to Fordfreak4life
Re: FICM WIRE HARNESS MISSING PINS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PALMETTOLANDSCAPER View Post
it was rebuilt i assume with newer components that needed replacing. same as if it went to swamps or something. sent it in for a redoing because it was showing 31 volts at idle. its the board with the two black caps on top of the capacitors.. it is broken where the two capacitors on one side have two legs each that have to be pushed down a little while u retouch the solder joints.. does that help any?
theres a small board that 3"x4" roughly and the other is the same size as the ficm housing, i do believe they replaced the power side of the board but i think you may need to check into getting it programmed

2004 F-350 CCSB DRW Sport Package..... something else to spend money on
Proud Supporter of Race For The Warriors
Fordfreak4life is offline  
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-14-2011, 02:45 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: COLUMBIA, S.C.
Posts: 21
Re: FICM WIRE HARNESS MISSING PINS?

ive looked for chafed wires and such, no luck. checked fuses and all good. but the codes all pointing towards no communication issues makes me think that also, but i was REASSURED that reprogramming was not necessary and im going to be pissed if it does after the promises... do you know anything about how many female ends( i assume thats what they are called?) are supposed to be in the actual wiring harness (the larger one) itself? the two smaller ones have silver female ends in each hole to accept all pins from the ficm but the largest of the three has several female ends missing from the truck side harness itself. seems odd to me..
PALMETTOLANDSCAPER is offline  
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-14-2011, 02:47 AM
< YOU WISH...
 
SINNER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 775
Re: FICM WIRE HARNESS MISSING PINS?

Are there wires going to the holes with the missing terminals?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltaine View Post
It feels like someone just had forced buttsecks with my eyes.

**no links for non site sponsors please**
SINNER is offline  
Reply
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome