Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Odd surging isssue.

1K views 8 replies 2 participants last post by  bismic1 
#1 ·
Hello all

I have an 07 with 120k. At 100k I had the EGR delete, head studs, new oil cooler, coolant filter system, Blue spring kit etc. done. I run an SCT on performance most the time and an Edge insight to monitor. Transmission was completely re-done about a month ago. It is straight piped. No cat.

Before the tranny and now getting worse after, I'm having a surging problem. It doesn't seem to matter how long I warm it up in the morning, it will drive fine until it shifts into overdrive/torque converter locks in around 55 ish. Then it surges like crazy. Let off gas and it goes smooth. On initial start up it idles smooth. It takes about 20 minutes of driving before it finally goes away. Drives fine after that unless u let it sit for a couple hours.

Cleaned my EBP pipe and sensor this weekend, still same issue. I run Mobil full synthetic 5w40 oil.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

#9 ·
Verify that MAP, Baro, and EBP all read VERY close to each other at KOEO. verify that the MAP hose is soft and pliable, no cracks, and is tightly connected. Also, check to see if it behaves better with the EBP disconnected.

Hate to keep "guessing", but the VGT and a sicking turbo can cause surging.

For this, I would recommend a dealership - they have the tools to command the VGT solenoid and test it and the turbo. They can also do the injector contribution testing (but I am not leaning towards injectors - yet).

They can also read transmission codes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.