Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

help with no start

678 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  codykthekilla 
#1 ·
apologize now for long post. truck is 04 (late) f-350 ext cab long bed 4x4 xlt fx4. warren diesel 155/stock injectors warren tunes rebuild turbo blue spring upgrade 6.4 banjos head studs egr delete. driving down the highway (55 mph) hauling skid steer on 20 foot flatbed. truck starts cutting out like its leaving fuel. when I looked at gauges I noticed water in fuel light is on. I call a friend to bring me allen wrench to drain separator. Had just changed secondary fuel filter about a week ago didn't have time to do primary. while im waiting on allen wrench I find a large crecent wrench and change primary filter. cant get primary filter cap on all the way with the large crecent wrench and was getting dark didn't have trailer lights. got the separator drained truck started and stayed running but was missing I assumed I was getting air through primary fuel cap. I was only a few miles from home and decided to try and make it home. made it home got socket and tightened primary cap down. unhooked trailer and drove it down the highway about a mile started running a little better but still missing a little. got back to house shut it off. now it wont start. I had bubbles coming into secondary filter from the pump. checked and rechecked all fuel line connections and primary cap. put a new hfcm on still had bubbles. finally got to where wasn't getting bubbles at secondary. still wont start. put fuel hose from pump into a can of diesel return line has air in it for first minute or so of pump being on but then it clears up to straight fuel with no air. still wont start. tried a friends rebuilt ficm made obvious improvement in effort to start but still no start. I cracked banjo bolts with pump running to get any air out. made improvement first time or two that I did truck did start for a second or two started to rev itself up and died. now it wont even do that. I am getting white smoke while cranking and noticed black (soot?) on garage floor from exhaust. I tried pulling codes with sct programmer and got nothing got code reader pro scanner and got low circuit a couple cylinders and contribution balance on a couple cylinders. I think during live scan it said no ficm sync. I just replaced batteries ficm voltage looked good im getting 1400psi hpo im at a loss any help greatly appreciated thanks.

See less See more
#2 ·
codes

#1#2#3#4#5#6#7#8 injector circuit low
C2702
C3602
#7 injector circuit high
IAT sensor circuit high input
EOT sensor circuit high input
fuel pump secondary circuit high
EBP sensor circuit malfunction
OBD systems readiness test not complete
ECT sensor high input
KAM internal control module error
#5#8 glow plug circuit
CMP output circuit open
CKP output circuit open

#3 ·
Try unplugging #7 injector, I had one a few weeks ago had a shorted injector that was shutting down the ficm, the ficm sync would come and go. If you still don't get ficm sync see if you have rpm signal.

#5 ·
Replace #7 injector, its shorted and not really serviceable, stick with motor craft, after market is junk for stock injectors.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.