Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

2005 ford f250 low compression #5

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Jake74 
#1 ·
hey everyone i have a 2005 ford f250 6.0 with 148k miles. the truck ran great never had any problems beside IPR going out and cause a no start. i replace the IPE and added the updated fitting it ran fine after that. the oil cooler was replaced about 10k miles ago and the egr cooler was welded shut. ran great after that. one day while sitting in a drive thru it started to smoke very bad (black smoke) excessive fuel burning. dint think much of it only did it that one time. a few months after driving it keep smoking a white/ blue smoke so i ran a few test to check the compression with a scan tool i don't remember the exact name of the tool but it was build by snap on. it came back showing # 5 not working as it should. i checked the turbo thinking the seal might be bad but i dint have any oil in my down pipe. so i already had a rebuild kit for the turbo so while i had it off i rebuilt it (new oil seals new bearings.) i also swapped #5 injector with #1 to see if it would follow which it did not. replaced all the seals on the injectors that were swapped. broke down and bought a compression tester had to make an adapter to fit but i get 350 on 1,3,7 but only 75 on #5. without pulling the head is there anything else i could check before i pull the head off. and would a bad head gasket cause low compression in only #5? all the valve train seems to be moving fine with no restrictions. i added oil to #5 to see if it would pick up in compression which it did not.

#2 ·
Is it making a popping sound out of the intake or exhaust? If so check for a bent push rod,cracked rocker arm or other signs of valve train issues on #5.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.